History

Industrias Agapito is a fifth-generation family company with over 40 years of dedication to the design, manufacture, installation and maintenance of urban equipment.

Company
  • The family business began in 1870, by making carts for agricultural work.

  • In the 1940s we started to manufacture all kinds of tractor-trailers. A few years later we were producing tipper trailers and truck bodies.

  • In 1970s, coinciding with the outset of this industry in Spain, we began to manufacture street furniture and playground equipment.

  • In 1977 the company moved to a new premises at the ??Valdeferrín Industrial Estate in Ejea de los Caballeros.

  • In the 1990s a new activity was introduced - the comprehensive restoration of historic trams, to be put into operation on tourist lines and for public and private collections.

  • In the year 2000, we began implementing various quality control systems in accordance with ISO standards, and certifying our playground equipment in compliance with European standard EN-1176.

  • In 2010 the company moved to its current premises, the new ??Valdeferrín Oeste Industrial Estate in Ejea de los Caballeros, with a total area of ??30,000 m2.

People
  • Towards 1870, GREGORIO AGAPITO came to Ejea de los Caballeros from Armillas (Teruel) and opened his wainwright´s workshop to manufacture and maintain carts for agricultural work.

  • Around the year 1895, PEDRO AGAPITO carried the company forward and created a new workshop in the same town.

  • In 1925 his sons MARIANO AND TEODORO AGAPITO took over the company, making carts and subsequently all kinds of tractor-trailers and truck bodies.

  • Around 1961, Teodoro´s children, MARISA and JUAN JOSE AGAPITO, joined the company. A few years later they began manufacturing street furniture.

  • In the year 2000, Juan Jose´s children, SONIA, SERGIO and MARIO AGAPITO joined the company.

&nbps; &nbps;