Our Environmental Management System, based on the Standard ISO14001: 2004, was certified by AENOR for the first time in 2003.
We use environmentally friendly materials in the manufacture of our products:
- Timber with FSC or PEFC Chain of Custody Certification
- 100% recyclable high-density polyethylene
- Recycled plastic: 100% recycled and recyclable
- Recycled packaging
Recycled street furniture
Industrias Agapito has developed a complete range of street furniture made from 100% recycled and recyclable high-density polyethylene, where the usual wooden slatting is replaced with plastic from selective waste collection, with the following environmental benefits:
- No trees are used.
- Water is not contaminated - there is no salt impregnation process.
- Plastic material is recycled that would otherwise go to landfill, giving it a long and useful new life.
- At least 90% of the high-density polyethylene used is from domestic post-consumer sources and not from industry. Domestic post-consumer recycling is more important as the original product has actually been used and has exhausted its useful life, which does not happen with post-industrial recycling, where the recycled material has never even been put into service.
- Does not contain PVC or fibreglass.
- The use of paints is eliminated, both in the initial manufacturing process and in subsequent maintenance, since it is not painted.